Monday, March 22, 2010

Forty-five Minutes of Fame

So now that an excerpt of a blog post (including a link) I did earlier this month was featured in the Blog Roll section of Worcester Magazine. Thank you Worcester Magazine. I would expect my readership to go up exponentially. In fact I'm sure I could at least double the number of followers I have to at least two.

I had no idea that the post was even in there until my wife received a phone call from one of her friends saying she was reading the magazine and recognized the name of the blog, Worcester In 365.

At first I asked why? Why would someone want to post something of mine? I suck as a writer. I'm a horrible blogger. I only started this blog because I though it would give me something to do when I was bored. I never expected this. Which brings me to the reason for writing this post.

I've been lucky enough now to be famous for an entire forty-five minutes. Total. So far.

It all started back in, ohhh, I don't remember. Once upon a time.

I had a picture of me posted on the Internet. Now come on, get your minds out of the gutter. It was not that kind of picture.

I was fishing on a jetty in Maine just before sunrise when this guy with all sorts of camera stuff comes up and asks if i didn't mind if he took some pictures of me while I fished. I said "As long as you don't mind a treble hook in your eye, by all means go ahead".

He took pictures for about ten minutes then introduced himself, telling me he was an AP photographer. I guess that explains all the camera stuff. He said that there was a good possibility that one of the pictures would make the evening newspaper. It never did.

I think I spent four or five dollars on Maine newspapers that weekend only to find nothing. Until a friend of mine told me while searching through Yahoo photos he came across this.

15 minutes of fame #1 (for the life of me I can't find this picture but as soon a I do I'll update this post. It really does exist, really.)

My second bout with stardom happened earlier this year. I was driving my son to his hockey practice when I noticed across the park near the rink some sort of glow. At first I thought it was a bunch of kids who had lit a fire in the woods but quickly realized it was much bigger than a small fire. This thing was huge. It turns out that it was a building out on an island in the lake that was completely engulfed in flames.

I was the only one in the park at the time. First on the scene. The First Responder, except for the fire trucks. So I did what any normal person would do. I took some pictures with my cell phone and then proceeded to post one of them on Twitter. Yes Twitter. I have a Twitter account and am addicted to it. How gay.

Well to make a long story, longer. When I got home i received a phone call from someone claiming to be from channel 7 news. He told me he just saw my photo on Twitter and wanted my permission to put it up during the eleven o'clock news. Of course I said yes thinking there would be some monetary compensation. No such luck. In fact, it never even made it in. I had stayed up hoping to see it and it never made it on.

The next day was a different story. It was on the morning news, the afternoon news and also the evening news. I was getting phone calls from friends saying "Hey, I just saw your name and picture on the news". I had made it. Famous again. I dreamed of quiting my job to become a world famous photographer. Didn't happen. Anyways, here's the picture.

15 minutes of fame #2




Which brings me to my third foray with stardom and you already know about that one so I won't bore you anymore, but I will post the link to it in case you don't believe me. http://worcesteria.wordpress.com/2010/03/18/blog-log-digital-31810/

So there you have it. My forty-five minutes of fame. Once as a model. Once as a photographer and this last time as an author. I'm guessing with all the skills I have I should have no problem breaking into the Hollywood scene. I could see my name in lights now.

OK, enough of this. Forty-five minutes of fame took me about an hour and a half to write. I told you I suck as a writer.

I hope I didn't bore you too much.
Thanks for reading
Chris

______________________________

My New fan Club

My kids who told all of there friends at school about my unexpected stardom, apparently were quite impressed, but not by the post that was printed in Worcester Magazine, but one of my other useless rants. Is that even a word? Rant? Look that up and get back to me.

I told them I would write something in here to them but I am now in a severe case of writers block. You see us authors get that sometimes.

Anyways. I won't post the school name to protect the innocent but I do want to say thanks for reading and come back often. I'll try and make this as educational as possible.

Now get off the school computers and get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment