Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I think I've become a wine-o

Finally. The first bottle of wine that I actually like.

Up until a few years ago I couldn't stand the taste of wines. It always looked so good but for some reason I couldn't get past the taste. To me it just tasted of spoiled grapes with a hint of dirty wet socks.

Recently I've been frequenting the new Wine Nation store that opened about three weeks ago out at The Shoppes at Blackstone Valley in Millbury MA, trying out any type of wine I can afford. Some I liked, some I didn't.

Then I found this one. The Velvet Devil Merlot from Washington state. Vinted and bottled by Charles Smith Wines.

You have to try it to appreciate it.

If your looking for a real wine drinkers review of this wine then your reading the wrong blog. I'm just sayin that the stuff is good, has a kick ass name and best of all is cheap.

Check out his website http://www.blogger.com/www.charlessmithwines.com to see some of the other wines he produces. Read the blog while your there. He doesn't update that often but when he does he tells it like it is. It sounds as if the he really loves what he does.

That's really all I have to say. Now get off the internet and go out and get yourself a few bottles and drink them now. That's what they were made for.

I'll end this with a quote from his website that I thought summed it all up nicely.

"It's booze - just drink it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment